Who We Are
The SAIT Accounting Society is a growing organization that is composed of well-rounded and high-performing students who commonly share the vision of creating industry networking and recruitment opportunities for accounting students at SAIT while providing mentorship and guidance for those students within their programs. Through these activities we will help raise the awareness of the club at SAIT as well as awareness of SAIT’s accounting programs in the professional accounting world.
Who We Do
- Create networking opportunities for students in the BBA, BADM, and BA programs with industry professionals.
- Provide mentorship and guidance for students within the accounting programs at SAIT as well as with external industry professionals through our resume, cover letter and networking workshops.
- Raise the awareness of the Club on campus at SAIT.
- Raise the awareness of SAIT’s accounting programs externally in industry.
- Organize an outreach program to create volunteer opportunities for club members which reflects our way of giving back to the community. (For example: the club volunteered at the Drop-in Centre in February 2016)
The mission of the club is to be an advocate for accounting students at SAIT through networking and mentorship activities. Additionally, the SAIT Accounting Society acts as a voice for the students in the different business programs at SAIT and serves as a liaison between industry professionals and students to build relationships and fairly represent each group’s interests.
SAS has many values that we try to follow but the three main ones we key on are...
- We strive to help our members and the accounting students at SAIT to connect with potential employers, peers, and people who can make a huge difference in a student’s career such as a key note speaker.
- The Business Bachelors program at SAIT is very new relative to the other major schools in Calgary. This is why one of the main values that SAS holds is to help grow the awareness of how great SAIT students are to industry. We strongly believe that SAIT has the best students to offer and by inviting industry to events and letting them meet and hire SAIT students we are continually growing that awareness.
- Be the number one resource for accounting students at SAIT to gain their information to help in their school and career lives, whether it be CPA, networking, resume building, interview skills, events, etc.